Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Round, Round, Round

Here's a picture of me and Violet, working hard in a lesson with Stacey.  You can see that she's trying to round up, go uphill, engage her rear and soften her jaw and topline.  She's trying very hard to round up and be sweet.  That's what we've been working on this summer.  And she's just been the most enthusiastic kind team mate.  I'm so very proud of her.  This past week, week of July 3rd, she and I had a tough dressage lesson with Janet Harms, but most of our week was super.  On Monday, we practiced dressage, and on Wednesday, we had a nice lesson with pals in the indoor.  And then on Thursday, she was just so great for her jumping lesson with our friends.  I was exhausted because I'd just finished a lesson with Renny, so I didn't have any vinegar in me to keep up an active ride.  But Violet was willing to listen for the soft aids.  She had a big booming extended toe-flipping trot and she was happy to jump at a medium pace with a light listening to my hands and seat for the tune up and balancing on turns and entering into combinations.  She just was amazing!  What can I saw.