Thursday, April 12, 2012

Beautiful Working Horses



I'm writing this entry on Thursday, January 12th, and this picture is a winter break photo of Violet working hard and the video shows Renny jumping in a relaxed graceful fashion.  I really feel blessed to have these two horses in my life.  This morning I was listening to the Dressage Show of the Horse Radio Network as they interviewed Valentina Truppa, a young Italian dressage expert, about her opinion of her stable.  She has two Grand Prix horses that she loves, as well as other horses she is training.  She respects her animals for their young qualities and characteristics.  And that's how I feel about mine.  She said that she likes a horse with character, but not character against the rider.  I knew instantly what she meant.  Violet gets pigeon-holed quite a bit as being a red thoroughbred mare -- meaning that she likes to negotiate, test, take charge, be right, etc.  And I love that about her when she's trying to bring her best to being a teammate and a star and be with me and please the team.  Renny, on the other hand, is my sport pony.  Valentina said that she thought that geldings were true sport horses because they could bring their character and panache to the work without distraction.  And that is my Renny in perfect description.  He brings his work ethic best to every task I ask!  And he doesn't get flustered about being asked new things.  He's unafraid and brave and athletic and kind and true!