Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Renny's First Dressage Lesson


Athletic Pony, Talented Trainer!

Here's a winter's break photo of Emily and Violet, and a little jumping video of Renny and Kelsey.  I'm writing this entry on Thursday, January 12th, after coming off a great winter break of seeing family, resting, and watching Emily and Kelsey put beautiful rides on my darling creatures.  This past weekend, I had my friend, Lex, ride Violet with me and Renny in a dressage lesson hosted at St. George.  We had the Head Dressage Instructor from the University of Findlay as our instructor.  I've been talking up my sport pony to Janet for months, so I was so excited to show him off.  And he was just terrific, as usual.  He was hardworking.  He was responsible.  He listened to my natural aids well - my seat, hands, legs, and voice.  He was just so smooth.  She said that he was a very good boy and that she'd be happy to help me develop him as a dressage pony and get flying lead changes from him.  I look forward to working on these skills with her over this year!