Saturday, April 21, 2012

Rising to Fun Challenges!



I'm writing this entry on Friday, January 13th and we have had a snowy, windy, bitterly cold day!  But these photos are from just a bit earlier this year when we had our first not very convincing snow.  You can see my little snuggle bug pony coming up for a kiss.  He's such a sociable guy.  And you can see that his nose doesn't look too great!  Poor fungus boy!  Anyway, over the past few weeks, I jumped him and it felt like a little slice of heaven -- he was relaxed, balanced, unrushed, elegant.  And I did a trotting turn on the haunches with him which also was a slice of heaven, and we cantered this hourglass pattern with total ease.  And he was super duper fun in his first dressage lesson.  And I rode Violet over several jumping courses, including a really fun gymnastic without reins.  And it was fun!  Because I have talented athletic horses.  So, what I hope for this year is that each time I mount, I remember first and foremost that the ride should be fun -- for the entire team. We should work, we should mean it, but we should have fun with our talented selves!  Namaste!