Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Buddy's Nose



I'm writing this entry on January 13th and here are some photos from our first snow day. Renny had been in an isolation pasture because he'd been framed and this was his first day out.  I enjoyed coming to see him with snow falling all around him.

But the things that makes me sad right now is that I don't seem to have nipped the fungus on his nose in the bud.  He still looks pretty pink and sore and he's totally bald at the end of his muzzle and the baldness is creeping up past his kissing freckle.  So, today I put in a call to Dr. Zimmerman and we're going to try Malasab shampoo for two weeks -- with the treatments put on his nose for 20 minutes at a pop before being washed off.  And if that doesn't work, Dr. Z will come out and take a look.  I hope he's not super uncomfortable. I hope we nip it in the bud.  I hope his cute little hair grows back.  Sending up prayers!