Friday, December 28, 2007

My Fabulous 44th Birthday Party!


Today I am 44 years old! I woke up late, went and got a Starbucks and the NYT and listened to Louie Armstrong's version of "Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans?" A great start to my new year!

On the 23rd, Sunday, we celebrated my birthday a bit early at my sister's house. It was lots of fun. I cooked from my organic garden supplies and from the beef I bought from a farmer in Weston. I spent time with my family and received really nice presents!!

But best of all was celebrating with my nieces. Those girls know how to party. As soon as the cake rolled out, they went wild. Emma demanded to know whose birthday it was and when she found out it was me, she went big-eyed (probably thinking I was too old for a birthday!) and said happy birthday to me a thousand times! How very nice. They were completely into their treat, as you can see from these photos. All I can say is if you want a party to go off with a festive air, bring my party girl nieces!