Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Riding and Introductions, Getting our Groove

When I arrived at the stable tonight, on "my time", little Violet was out in the arena and she trotted up right away. I gave her two treats and we had sweet words. Then I visited Hailee in her stall and she gave me some nickers.

I free-lunged and rode Violet and she was such a good responsive girl. I rode with my stirrups a hole longer, so that I could give clear aids all along my leg. And it worked. I am not sure they are the right length, but we'll find out during riding lessons on Saturday. It's fun to change things up, at least!

Then I let my girls out in the ring together. Still squeals, still carrying on, still the pregnant mama claiming space. And still V swirling elegantly around all girly and slim and keeping out of the way. But today they went in for a closer kiss and H allowed a kiss on her neck before doing the mare freakout! I am a lucky woman. I have two mares and a foal on the way! Today I felt like we were getting a routine. We were learning that we are a threesome.