Monday, December 24, 2007

Our Nation's Capitol!

About 3-4 times a year, I travel to Washington, DC to volunteer my time to the National Institute of Health. I love my work for them. But here's a photo from my last trip this past November 7th-8th. In these photos, I am taking a taxi from Dupont Circle to Washington National airport with two scholars from my panel session. We are passing the Washington and Jefferson Memorials.

I wish that we had taken the way of the bridge into the city with the two giant golden horse statues. I asked the taxi driver about them, and he said that was the Victory Gateway! I will post pictures of those two massive steeds in the future!

Right before this trip, I stopped to visit Violet on my way to the Toledo Airport. She and I practiced Parelli and she did it perfectly. I felt so empowered and happy when I left for DC! And then I swung by on my way home to give her a kiss goodnight upon my return! What a good little thoroughbred girl!