Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tiny Hoofprints! Baby shakes, rattles, and rolls!

Today, I am writing this entry on my birthday, Friday, December 28th. I went out to the stable this afternoon on a grey wintery day. I spent some alone time with my girls and then Steph came and we talked about sororities, life, horses, etc. We were in Hailee's stall, conferring about whether Hailee was fat or just pregnant when Steph noticed Hailee's flank move. We put our hands on her belly and definitely felt Jr. moving around. Baby is moving and shifting around like a healthy little one! I had just given H some apples, so maybe Jr. was showing his pleasure!

I've got this book I bought from TSC called The Foaling Primer and it's giving me ideas for collecting the medical supplies, sterilizing the stalls, getting straw bedding, pampering the mama, and preparing for proper feeding in the last trimester. I am so happy that this spring will bring a baby foal to my family! Good little Hailee!