Sunday, January 27, 2008

Wee Nip and My Girls!

Wee Nip was a 1945 thoroughbred filly by War Admiral and Bourbonette by Teddy. She even had a splash of The Tetrarch on her dam's side! She raced a bit, running 16 times for a final record of 1-2-4 and earning $4,850. But she is known especially for her babies. She had 8 foals, 6 fillies and 2 colts, the latter out of Hill Prince and Bimelech.

In my own Violet's tree, she was bred to the amazing, Belmont-winning One Count to produce Three Fingers. I can hardly believe that Violet's pedigree includes a double whammy of grandsires -- War Admiral and Count Fleet!!! Pow! Two Triple Crown winning champions!

You would think I could find a photo of Wee Nip, but I wasn't able to. So here is a photo taken in late September 2007 by Vikki of my own beautiful Vi!