Monday, January 28, 2008

Tiny Hoofprints! Hailee's Surrogate Foal!


Here is the Surrogate Foal I made for Hailee this evening. It's made from a dowel, brown flannel, and green yarn. Tomorrow I begin desensitizing her. I am going to be diligent about teaching her that her underbelly is a very public place, and certainly a place that a foal has a right to shove into!
Wish me luck!
I also plan on taking very good care of her over the last trimester, keeping her company, grooming her, baking head-bobbers, preparing the birthing kit, and learning some recipes for a nice yummy oat mash for after the birth, so she can eat a warm, wet treat and be happy with her success -- to fight her fear and relax her. We are going to let her know that she is very loved and very much part of our family, and that we want to help her bring the newest member of the family into the world. Sweet H!