Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Breaking News! A Beagle Wins Best at Show at Westminster!


For the first time in the Westminster Kennel show history, a beagle won Best of Show! His pet name is Uno and everyone went wild when he won. I didn't watch. I always burst into tears when I see all the little doggies who tried their very bestest for their mommies and daddies and who don't win. I can't take it. I just think these shows should end with all the judges and mommies and daddies suddenly jumping up and down giving all the doggies lots of love while saying, "Who's the bestest doggie? Who's the bestest doggie? You's the bestest doggie, yes, you is!" That would be a much nicer way to end the show.

Anyway, Uno gets to do up the Big Apple today and even has a special steak lunch date at Sardi's. Lucky dog.

But really. I know I'm biased, but still. Here's a picture of Zelia. One of Uno's criteria as best of Beagles was to be a representative of a "merry little dog." Who's more merry than Zelia? Such a sweetie. I know she would win Best of Show! She's won the Best of Show in this household anyway!