Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Interrupted Kisses!


Here is a little video of my girls giving themselves gentle kisses. This video was taken in mid-January. Since then, my girls have become cranky. Hailee is huge, like a planet, with her foal. And Violet is bored and unhappy with the winter and lack of work or attention. On Monday, Violet took a huge bite out of Hailee's neck, removing layers of skin and all the hair for a section the size of my hand. Hailee screamed out in pain. They were building up to that sort of outburst. H has been pin-earred with V who is desperate for attention and needy. Can't wait for the spring! Warm sun, green pastures, new baby, and happy working productive mares!!!

I send up prayers that I will have the financial security in my life to carry through with the social contract I have with these girls. I hope they can count on me for their well-being.