Monday, March 31, 2008

19 Days!



Today was a wonderful spring day at the stable. The barn doors were open, the horses were happy, and everyone had a job! I groomed both Hailee and Violet. I checked Hailee over. She's got a great deal of softening in her croup. Her tail just flops around. Her udders became much larger overnight. She's been fussy and "kicky" with her back legs. And Nitro has just been kicking up a storm! Both Stephanie and I felt Nitro letting us know what s/he thinks about mama and his baby sitters! I was so excited because today was the first day when I for sure knew that I was feeling baby kickin' around!

I practiced lunging Violet over ground poles and then over a hay bale jump. She liked the task, but was worried about doing well! And then, in the nice dusk part of the day, Mr. Hintz came out to the barn and he and I had a chat about good things in life, as we watched V and H have their dinners. We decided that Hailee would outsmart us and have Jr. on the sly! There is not much better in this world than listening to horses chew hay and talk with a friend.