Friday, March 7, 2008

Violet's Birthday!












This morning I woke up and made headbobbers -- molasses, oats, carrots and apples from the Farmers Market, baked into a wonderful yummy horse treat! Then I went to the stable and groomed both my girls, lunged them, gossiped about the day. And Violet did her jumping today. She had three jumps including one made of straw bales. She was so disconcerted by the straw bales! But she was a brave, trying, bold girl. She loves a challenge and to learn and to please! I was so proud of her. And she was proud of herself. You should have heard her snort with relief and joy when she was done with her jumping. She stood their with happiness while she received her hugs and kisses. You would have thought she had just finished a double clean round at the stadium jumping day at Rolex! She's going to be a wonderful quiet lovely hunter!

And we also sang Violet happy birthday because tomorrow is her big day! She was born on International Women's Day! She is going to be 5 years old! She was born on March 8, 2003 to her parents Groomstick and Wining Effort by Two's a Plenty. I am so proud to own this wonderful, strong, athletic, sweet, smart thoroughbred. So glad to have her as part of my family. I pray that I am able to keep her and care for her all the days of her life. Namaste and love to Velvet Tenderness.