Saturday, June 13, 2009

Breaking News! An Amazing Week

Okay, so I've been so busy that I haven't even had time to write about the wonderful things I've been doing. So, here gives you a thumbnail sketch of an unprecedented week predicated on good sleep! Barbie had left town last week, so she gave me instructions to drive Violet by myself. So, I went out to the barn last Sunday and lunged her and hitched her and then she and I had a relaxed fun swoopy drive! We were gems. Even Doug Valentine said that she looked relaxed and happy with her job. That got me so excited that the next day, Violet and I had a great riding lesson and I used draw reins for the first time. Then on Tuesday, I drove her again and had a nice lesson with Barbie. On Wednesday I drove, and then on Thursday, Barbie and I drove again, and Barbie worked serpentines in the tight space of the indoor arena and made her back up for the first time with the cart. Then on Friday, I came out to the barn as relaxed as you please and didn't even both lunging her. We just hitched and took off and we were great. We did figure 8's, diagonal crosses, relaxed trotting. We were super! Then on Friday, I decided that I absolutely want chickens, so I stopped at the Sautter farm and visited with this lady who showed me her very nice coop. And then I stopped off and visited Doreen who showed me all of Tim's chickens, gave me some fresh eggs, and chatted with me about such nice things, including Chelsea's ACT! Then I went to the fairgrounds to pick up a guide book for Amijo and delivered it to her and had a chat, and then went to the library and got a book on chicken coops, visited Danielle's cats and picked up cookies she left me, and spent the day researching coops! I found a very nice coop up in Bay City, Michigan made with sustainable wood in a green manner. And I found a hatchery that Mrs. Sautter told me about that has heritage and old fashioned hens and which provides chicks for most of the 4-Hers in the county and state fairs. So, that's nice.

And then today, beautiful day, I got up early and enjoyed my pets, worked in my yard until it looked like a Scottish woman lives here -- the garden is neat, tidy and absolutely clear of weeds. It looks wonderful with thinned carrots, protected peas and beans, etc. Then I spent a truly wonderful afternoon out at the barn, visiting Lexie, Pat, Doug, Barbie,and Tom. And then having the farrier visit. Violet got her first shoes and was such a good girl for the process. And I was able to hold Renny and gave him two spankings right at the moment that he was naughty, so that he stood quietly for Rick. Today was amazing, just amazing. I even pulled together my wood block and canned goods for the Fair and soon will look through my photos to look for my photographic submissions!

Namaste. Much love to you all.