Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My 2009 Garden!

So, I delayed putting in my garden until after Memorial Weekend and then because of the busyness of work and the stable, it took me three full days to get the garden in place. I worked from 4 to 9:30 on Friday, from 6:30 to 9:30 on Saturday, and then from 9am to 2:30pm on Sunday . And let me tell you, it was worth it. I am writing this post on Monday, June 1st, after all that labor and we had a solid strong rain this morning. I swear that when I glance out the window, I can see the plants taking root and growing! Plus what also is a nice thing that I can attest to is that I sleep better with a garden outside my home! I sleep knowing that I'm growing food. And I can glance out the windows anytime I want and see my little slice of heaven. It's a wonderful feeling! This year's garden was expanded quite a bit and has some new innovations which I'll tell you about tomorrow!