Thursday, June 4, 2009

Laurel Wreath Garden 2009, a third consecutive year!



Here are some photos and video I took on Sunday, May 31st, in the few short minutes after I finished planting my garden. Here are some of the May flowers growing in my yard now -- the peonies and Asiatic lilies are about to come in and the Columbine are past, along with the tulips and daffodils. But these beautiful rich purple and blue flowers are a joy to see.
In this year's expanded garden, I am growing basil, carrots, okra, bush beans, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, sweet peppers, cabbage, kale, mixed lettuce, slicing cucumbers, climbing beans and peas, rosemary, oregano, sage, thyme, fennel, lavender, dill, chamomile, mints, mints, mints, tomatoes, onions, serranos, jalapenos, and poblanos! And tomorrow, I will plant some gourds to make some crafts this fall. It's a wonderful garden!