Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Violet and Laura's Big Adventure



Okay, so in these photos, you see Violet and Renny grooming each other with love. On Friday, I had gone out to the stable early in the morning and put out my herd. They huddled together in the sun, grooming and kissing eachother. I laughed and laughed. So, on Saturday, I met Barbie out at the barn and got this footage of the same activity -- grooming, kissing, and love! Then Barbie and I long-lined Violet down to the cemetary. It was a gorgeaus breezy sunlit day and a beautiful exciting walk. The American flag was flapping in the breeze, so Vi was a bit nervous, though still willing. And then when she got into the cemetary, she was very curious and intent on processing the graves. They all had flowers and flags flapping and flying from the Memorial Weekend holiday. Vi thought it was an intriguing new experience.
What amazed me was that she looked so powerful. She looked like an intent, engaged, athletic thoroughbred. You could just see her coiled and ready to use her energy! She was beautiful. I wish that I had brought my camera and got some shots. Then we came back to the stable and I had a driving lesson. Violet was terrific. I drove her out of the stable and back into the stable, so we are making really good progress!