Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Breaking News! Missing My Herd and the Eclipse Awards!




All right, so this past Saturday, I had an accident and my car was towed to the shop. The estimate arrived yesterday and the cost of repair was 90% of the 75% bluebook value -- almost at the cutoff for being totaled. But still repairable. So, the nice man at the body shop said that they ordered the parts and had a tentative completion date of January 15th. So, I am grateful that it'll only be about a week and a half without my car. But I am so very much missing my herd. The nice thing is that today Julie contacted me and said that Carissa would be very happy to give my herd love and care while I'm out of comission. So, I am relieved that my horses are at St. George. It's nice to be at a place where people are so outgoing and caring and such obvious horse lovers with great skills. But still! I want my herd! I want to see their cheerful goofy faces!

Here is a photo from New Year's Eve, a few hours before Hailee began to really display colic symptoms. I should have known something was up because she was determined to follow Violet in as I went to pasture.

Anyway, the big news is that the Eclipse Awards were announced today and the ONLY two horses who were nominated for Horse of the Year were Rachel Alexandra and Zenyatta. I am so excited. I hope that either the nominations committee lets them share the honor or that Zenyatta takes it. They are both amazing fillies, but Z girl really puts on a show!!!