Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Winter Wonderland


So, I've had sort of a weird winter -- some wonderful things, like Christmas at Elena's, time with my mom and dad, preparations for a summer of teaching -- and I've had some icky things -- Hailee colicked on New Year's Eve, Violet got a short trim, and I had a car accident.

But I am trying to live like my mom and Tammy told me -- without worry because that's not in the plan. And trying to live like Katie told me -- mindfully responsibly in the present. And so here are photos of my winter garden taken this week, and it's a week where I feel the invincible summer in the midst of winter -- the coop where my chickens make their eggs and go about their day, the garden resting, the place where squirrels, birds, and rabbits visit Zelia. Namaste.