Monday, January 18, 2010

Rethinking My Life


So, I am writing this entry on September 20th, a beautiful Sunday in which I worked dehydrating apples, making basil, paying bills, cleaning the coop, reading the newspaper. During these activities, Coy, our new trainer called and said that he found a gentleman who might want to buy Hailee. He is a reiner who is looking for a shorter reining horse to work cattle. So, now I am confronted with the decision -- do I sell my girl? Would it be responsible given that she hasn't been ridden in such a long time? Would I be heartbroken to part from my Doc Clabber and Easy Jet mare? Would Violet be heartbroken? Would Hailee feel that I had broken our social contract? So, things take time, but right now I am deciding how do I really feel about keeping my beautiful girl forever, but without a job to her name. It's a muddle. And this photo doesn't much help. Here you see the happy happy sisters, relaxing and grooming eachother, satisfied with their friendship and companionship satisfied to know that they are the Sanchez girls.