Friday, January 22, 2010

Breaking News! Some Thoughts on Renny


I planned Renny. I chose his sire. I cared for his dam. I sang to him when he arrived at Breezy Acres when he was still in Hailee's womb. I talked to Dr. Zimmerman numerous times before his arrival about his wellbeing. I dreamed of him. I slept in a barn for him. I was at his birth and remember vividly him shaking his little head and laying on the ground like a teeny tiny dinosaur. And I loved him loved him loved him as he jetted around the arena his first time out. And loved loved loved him as he engaged in every little activity, including cute naps, chomping his mama's hay, eating his baby grain. I loved him as he quietly let me check his temperatures and clean his rear from his baby diarrhea. I loved him as he let me lead him quietly around the barn and hug him around his girth. I loved him because there was a time when I could wrap my arms all the way around his girth. I loved him for how quietly he travelled to Michigan for his inspection. I loved him for how good he was about getting his braids and how adorable yet manly he looked in those braids. I loved him for the smart cute calm way he looked at me when we opened the trailer door in Michigan and how he waited calmly for his mama to get off the trailer in the dark and how he stood in the doorway of that barn in Michigan and gave a high-pitched cute little "Renny's in the house" whinny. And I loved him for how he shot out a hind foot the next morning and connected with my thigh when I tried to groom him during his breakfast. And I loved him for being the best-behaved baby at that inspection. And I've loved him for a million million million moments since then. I love him for loving me.

So, I can say this to you. Renny depends on me to do well by him. Renny depends on me to make loving safe nurturing decisions for him. I pray that I can help Renny have a safe adventure-filled joyful life.