Saturday, January 23, 2010

Breaking News! Violet Rocks the House!


Okay, so here's a photo taken on December 22nd of the lovely Violet at a Christmas party with a St. George Pal. Look how relaxed and happy she is. She's a wonderful mare. A few short days after this photo, she was injured by a short trim, so she was off work for almost 4 weeks! Just this week, I started to bring her back and I am just delighted to say that we are back to our cozy loving ambitious partnership. Today we had our first formal lesson with our pals and trainer on a damp cool Saturday morning. And as soon as I showed up, I knew it'd be great. Violet gave me her prick-eared happy expression as I walked through the door and she was playful and lippy and kissy as I got her ready. She didn't pin her ears or do anything except act happy to be at work. And she was relaxed and responsive and lovely at the walk, trot, and canter and over ground poles. She even was willing to do a bit of a half pass. Just love that girl. I mean I love her. When she fixes me with her gentle good eye, I feel like a Queen. She got praised today for being such a good mare and Baker suggested she was good because she's never known any hardship like the life of a race horse. And I suppose that's so, but Cheri said that she thought it was just in Violet's genes to be good. And I think that is true too. Violet has decided to bring a good and loving heart into the universe. And do you know what else is nice too -- I got hugs from Hailee and Renny. And I did yoga for the first time in forever. Truly a nice Saturday.