Saturday, March 13, 2010

Breaking News! 15-0!

Today was a big wonderful day! I spent a birthday Saturday with my Clara, Emma and Stephen, celebrating Clara's 4th. And then while I was relaxing at Elena and Steve's home, the news rolled in. Rachel Alexandra came in second at the Fairgrounds to Zenyatta's stablemate. And then Zenyatta rolled it out in the Santa Margarita in Santa Anita, starting out behind and then going in to the rail on the far turn, fighting traffic for a big breakaway and a dusting cool winning finish. Her jockey, Mike Smith, says he's a big fan and that he had every confidence she'd find her way because "she's a bit of a bully." And look at her in this photo by Benoit photos -- she's got that look again -- that look that says, "Well, that was nice. I wonder what's up for supper?!" 15 wins out of 15 starts! That big engine is at the top of her game in her 6th year. You go, girl! She's supposed to face off with Rachel in April. I wonder if she will!