Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tack for Renny

So, this morning, November 17th, I long-lined Violet, and then got on for an early morning quiet ride. And Coy shows up to start his day. We chatted about his plans for the barn and his ideas about training. He told me about training Titan, Sedona and Hailee. And I told him that I was excited about training Renny and that I liked to prepare myself mentally for our 15 minute lessons, so that I always end on a positive note and have backup ideas when he and I hit a snag. He said that he would give me not only riding lessons with Violet, but some easy training tips for little Renny! And Coy made it clear that Renny is ready for his own tack. So, I'm going to dig out my tired old English saddle and measure him for a pony girth and pony bridle. And his Christmas present will be his first English bridle with D-ring snaffle. Lucky baby boy growing up!