Monday, March 8, 2010

Violet Turns 7!




This photo is from October 26, 2009 and you can see the sisters are in the bottom pasture. Today Violet is 7 years old, the beautiful child of Groomstick out of Wining Effort. You would not believe how genuinely miraculous she is. Take today for example. I am writing this entry on November 8, 2009 and I have had a rough horrible weekend. Some people betrayed my trust and I was feeling so wretched and horrible. I didn't sleep well, I was agitated, I couldn't concentrate, I was restless. My mood was angry to hurt. But I'd go out to see my horses and they were plain old wonderful. And Miss Thing? Well, she was just all that and a bag of chips. I drove her on both Saturday and Sunday and she just was so athletic, focused, delightful, talented. She would prick her ears with happiness when I laughed, sang or praised her. She listened to my voice leads beautifully and we cantered and cantered and cantered! But today she was her funny self. I went out to the pasture to get her and she was happy to see me and gave me kisses, but she didn't want to leave the pasture to work. So, she would just stop and wait for me to hug and convince her. She just wanted to make a point. But then she was superb. She stood patiently and well for the grooming, harnessing, and hitching. And she moved off and was a real athlete. And afterwards, I took her to her stall and she took a long, long, long drink and then I walked her to her pasture. She was standing right besides me and I released her and she took off like a powerful bottle rocket from right beside me with a squeal and snort and crow hop of annoyance and jetted around the pasture twice before running right back up to me and stopping, head high, just to see if I got her point. And her point? See? I told you I didn't want to work! But she did work and sweetly. You have got to love a super communicative, intelligent girl who will give you her best effort even when she'd rather be lounging in the sun, in the pasture with her buddies. Happy Birthday, my angel. I love you so very much!