Thursday, March 18, 2010

Renny Rocks it Out!

Okay, so Renny and I have been very busy people. I spoke with Darla, Sandy and Jenny about his prospects. Darla said she'd be really happy to get the word out about him and would like to have him in her barn because she knows he's so good. Jenny said she'd help me price him when he's ready. And Sandy advised me NOT to sell him at the pony auction and that she would be happy to help me find a home for him and advertise him on her webpage when he's shedded out this Spring and handsome and a bit taller.

Last Friday, he had a wolf tooth taken out by his vet and he was very brave for the procedure. The vet measured him at 55 inches -- 13.3 hands. Sandy hopes he gets a little taller, but I don't care. I think he's perfect.

And then there's Renny himself. He literally will do anything I ask of him. He's happy to see me and always runs up to the fence when I arrive. He is getting the hang of cantering while lunging. He doesn't mind his saddle and will stand quietly at the mounting block while I walk up the steps. He's happy to play the squeeze game between the wall and tall grandma. And today he just really blew my mind -- I long-lined him again and he was just booking around the arena calm and happy and straight and direct, and then he was willing to trot and canter with those long-lines -- all fine! All great! No problem. It just made me wish I had a little cart for him.

So, my job is to enjoy every moment with this bright star! Stacey complimented him today and said that he was very bright and well-behaved and she thinks he's going to be a good mover. I was so proud of him!! Love my Renny. After we were done with our work today, we just stood in the sun together and snuggled for a bit. He's my little man!