Thursday, March 11, 2010

Renny Works and Plays Hard!


Today I went out to the stable and it was gorgeaus spring weather. They had taken off my herd's blankets and little Renny came running up to the gate to meet me. He and I took a happy stroll around the grounds and then went to work. He wore his saddle. We played the squeeze game by the mounting block, he stood quietly by the mounting block while I climbed and stood on the steps. He lunged with his heavy rope and then cantered on his first long rope. He walked over many many ground poles and even trotted-in-hand over a group of ground poles. We even walked into the washrack area. And he let me trim his bridlepath. He was literally the definition of awesome! Then Violet had her training lesson and she was brilliant. She was supple and straight and giving. She cantered off well in hand and worked off her rear. She cantered lovely light circles. It was great to see. Plus I had a chance to talk with her farrier about ways to improve her hooves. And I had a nice chat with Hailee out in the pasture. And I talked with many nice fun people. It was a lovely way to spend a Spring Break day! I love my herd.