Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Spring Rains and my Goofy Renny!


So, I'm writing this entry on Thursday, April 8th and yesterday we had really heavy rains and thunder and lightning, particularly in the late afternoon. So, after I taught Population and Society I jetted out to the barn to see Katie riding. And I drove through a countryside with skies thick and heavy and blue and purple. It was really pretty.

I get to the barn and hear the funniest story from Stacey. She said that when she brought Renny in he was so agitated that they thought he might be colicking. He rolled three separate times furiously in his stall and he was rearing and bucking and hijinxing when the walked him down the aisleway to turn him loose to run and buck snort in the arena. And he was naughty when Stacey brushed him to take off the sawdust and take his temperature. But that he wanted his hay like his usual gangbusters self! So, here's what they figured out -- my little guy wasn't colicking, he just didn't like to be wet!

I laughed and laughed. My little guy has never been wet all over before. He's had a pretty sheltered life at both Breezy Acres and Showgate Stables, so has never had a good drenching. And he's such a sweet thing, my little Sugarlump, that he must have thought he was going to melt. I went to his stable to check out my guy and he was comfortably eating his wonderful smelling beautiful green hay, but his hair was in furious twirls and he looked like a drowned rat. He got a good soak!!!

I'm really blessed. Renny had an exciting Spring day and got a good rain and people watched him very closely to make sure that he is happy, healthy and safe. I am just tickled by this story!!!