Friday, July 30, 2010

Healing and My Girls

I am writing this entry on April 19th. For the past few weeks, I have been working studiously on my riding. I've focused on trying to learn from my excellent teachers, to team with my beautiful mare, and to feel our hearts and thoughts merge as we work on new skills. And I can honestly tell you that the fear is lifting off me. I will finish riding and realize that I haven't been frozen with fear. I will ride and feel some energy and enthusiasm not tied to feelings of weakness. And most important, I can actually say that I feel changes in my head. Since my accident way back in 2005, I have felt my left eye be strange like something is in the socket and I feel the light pressure of a hand on my brain where I hit the ground. But those feelings are leaving or lightening. I think enjoying riding again and feeling better at it and feeling joined to my good mare is healing me again. I didn't know you could have spurts of healing, but I believe that's what's occurring. Violet is helping to heal me with her good spirits and kindness and Hailee is helping by serving as a foundation in our herd too.