Saturday, July 24, 2010

Renny Goes Back into Training After a Vacation


So, I gave Renny about 2-3 weeks of vacation in March and April and then put him back to work the week of April 11th. He was wonderful. On Tuesday, he seemed so surprised to return to longing, trotting-in-hand, grooming, standing by the mounting block, walking poles, etc. But he seemed super happy to be back hanging with Grams! Then on Wednesday, as I lunged him in the outdoor arena during a beautiful rosy sunset, he decided he was over going to school. He squealed with frustration and threw bucks and kicks of machoness. Then on Thursday, he was back to being a good student and even let me throw a leg over his side as I played with him at the mounting block and let me kick at his sides and give him some rough housing. And he was happy to learn how to walk and trot over cavaletti. He and I have many things to work on and improve, but I will say that he is such a great student. And yesterday was wonderful because it was a radiant spring day and he and I were so happy to be together!