Friday, July 9, 2010

Ren's Last Lazy Days!


I am writing this entry on Thursday, April 8th. So, I am certain that it's mainly because I've become focused on trying to work on my fear and frozen nature in the saddle, but after I talked with Dr. Zimmerman about Renny a few weeks ago when Ren had his shots and his wolf tooth extracted, I put Ren on a little vacation. Dr. Z. said that Renny was young and little and didn't need to be rushed along. And his Florida grandma said the same -- that no one was expecting my two year old to have much training. So, Ren started a real vacation -- no lunging, no cavaletti, no parelli, no trotting-in-hand, no saddles, etc. Which I think is nice, but Stacey says you can see it in his attitude. He is definitely being more bossy and pugnacious about getting up in people's space. So, in May, when he officially turns 2 years-old, he will begin his work for real again! And it will be more work than play (but still lots and lots of loving friendly play)!