Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Hard-Working Baby Angel

Okay, so I am writing this post on April 19th, Monday. Over the past week, my little Renny started up work again. And he was such a good good boy. He was worked four separate days. On his first day, we worked hard -- we did mounting block work, saddle work, longing, trotting-in-hand, and standing in the wash rack. He even let me throw my leg over his back and give him some kicks and rowdiness. Then the next day, he was feeling rowdy and naughty, so he was squealing and kicking and bucking as he longed which was funny to see him display such independence. And then his next two days, he worked like an angel again. Every time I groom him, I get a pony's worth of hair. I can't imagine he'll ever be ready for his glamor shots. But I am just taking the whole process a single day at a time! Here are some photos of him celebrating his first real day's back at work. He was so glad to go back out and graze!