Saturday, July 31, 2010

Our Herd


Here's a photo of Renny with the thoroughbred and Budha in the front pasture in the days leading up to his big move to the back pastures. I've been reading a lot of literatures lately to try and ground myself in ideas and methodologies for work on the human-equine connection. I read both of Linda Kohanov's books, The Tao of Equus and Riding between Worlds and in them she talks beautifully about what each of her herd members brings to her life and to her equine facilitated therapy and experiential learning practice. So, it got me to really thinking about our herd -- me, Hailee, Violet and Renny. And I realize that each of us is a part of our own little family -- I sure am going to try and learn from each of them for what they can bring to our relationship and I'm going to try and learn what I can bring to my research and students from what I learn from the herd. Namaste.