Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Sweet Jack


I'm writing this entry on a cold damp rainy April 8th day. Yesterday we had really big storms, so while I was at work, I was imagining my sweet Jackass nervous at home. And sure enough, when I got home at 5, he was in a state, chattering and talking to me and twirling around. But I had to jet out to the barn to visit the herd. When I got home later that night, we got another big rain storm with lightning and I could tell that Jack was freaked out, but didn't want to go in the basement alone, so he was sitting like a little carpet boat next to me in the living room. But I could tell he was getting more nervous, so he and I laid on the couch and he did a little scrunchy circle "sleep" with me, letting me carefully pet him, but without being too rough.

This morning, he was back to his old wild self and chose to sleep on my fresh laundry and when he was scooted from there on the clothes that I'd picked to wear today at work. I could tell that he would be annoyed to be scooted again, so I carried him carefully over to the King Pillow, the main pillow on the bed, and he was satisfied that he'd been treated with respect. I hope he catches up on his sleep on this damp Spring day!