Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Violet Takes a Mud Bath!

Again, I'm writing this entry on Thursday, April 8th, and here is a little video and some photos from earlier this month. Yesterday we had a terrific rain storm and spring thunder and my herd was spending a wonderful day on green grass. So, Violet got caught by the went and decided to really enjoy it.

When I saw her, she was being ridden by Katie and she was sopping wet! She looked dark and sleek and lovely, but dirty!!! And she looked relaxed with her soaked drenching while she was working out. The girl is a hardworking thoroughbred, that's for sure!

Anyway, after her ride, I was walking her out and when she dried off, it became apparent that Violet was literally covered head to toe in thick thick mud. Her ears, her big cheeks, her eyelids, her jowl, and every inch of her body and neck and legs. She was hilarious!! I had so much fun grooming her and trying to take off the mud packs while I listened to pattering rain and watched the evening shades of blue settle in. I could just tell that Violet had really had a ton of fun rolling in the fresh mud and water outdoors!

But what she really reminded me of, given that her face was entirely muddy, was that movie Predator with Arnold Schwarzenegger. She looked like she was trying to hide from the alien by covering herself in a mud bath. My beautiful funny goofy athletic priceless girl!!