Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Day of Great Pain


On the day before Thanksgiving, I was preparing for my parents to come and visit me.  We were going to spend Thanksgiving at Jane's and then my parents would spend the weekend with me, visiting and relaxing.  So, on that Wednesday before Thanksgiving, I was cleaning my house and planning, and thinking about shopping.  And I went to get my mail in the mid-afternoon.  There was a stationary envelope addressed to me at Laurel Wreath Farm and the stationary was from Georgia and had a beautiful horse motif.  I opened the letter which would change my life.  The letter was from a woman who had purchased Hailee at a large livestock auction in Cleveland Tennessee, not two full weeks since I had sent her to that physician in Tennessee.  She said that Hailee had found her forever home and that she wanted to know about her pet name and about her vet information.  She gave me her email address and answered my desperate email very quickly.  She called me right away and she told me that she had rescued Hailee who she knew immediately didn't belong there and that when they handed her all of Hailee's association materials, she wanted to reach out to me because she knew the parting must have been painful -- she thought maybe I had lost my farm.  She said that Hailee was underweight at auction and that she would now get her back to weight, nurse her, and give her blankets. 

So, inside of two weeks, the man had starved Hailee, stole her blankets and sold her at a livestock auction. 

Words cannot describe the hours and days as this information sunk into my heart.  And words cannot describe the nightmarish story that I made Coy tell me about Hailee's days with that man.

And then to add insult to injury, guess what happened...