Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Beautiful Jackass after the Storm


Okay, so I am writing this entry on March 1st and this photo is from yesterday.  We had an enormous scary lightning, thunder and hard rain storm on Sunday night and so Jackass was nervous and restless as he tried to guard his family/hide.  And so here you see him getting some much-needed rest the beautiful morning after.  He showed up, kissed me, got his breakfast, handled some tasks, and then took a delicious restful morning nap.  I'm posting this entry because I need to modify today's current post about his aging.  As it turned out, my own stress levels, possibly from all the changes in my life during that time period and my travels and Hailee leaving for what turned out to be a nightmare trip (which I didn't know at that time) made me a little crazy.  I got to the vet and even I could see that Jack hadn't lost a single tooth -- I was just crazy.  But his bloodwork did come back with a little bit higher values for kidney troubles and we do make bigger pee pees and he is the skinniest he's ever been.  BUT, his aging is going beautifully.  He is still the king of the family, warrior of the household, guard and protector and disciplinarian.  And we love him, love him, love him for his beneficience in that work.