Friday, March 4, 2011

Spring Break Kiss


Here is a photo taken March 3, 2008 when we were at Breezy Acres down the road.  Violet was so happy to have befriended Hailee and Hailee was busy making Renny who you can see in this photo taking up space!! 

Anyway, I am writing this entry almost exactly 3 years later than this photo because I had a wonderful week of riding this week, February 28th through March 3rd so far.  Renny went quietly over his first higher stepping cavaletti.  Violet got to go out regularly after many weeks stall rest, so she was in a wonderful mood and didn't mind trotting big, cantering lightly, going by the gates like they didn't matter, and jumping a course with lots of turns, different-strided combinations and an odd oxer.  She was just Miss Thing about it all.  And I even got to jump a little higher this week.  I am really loving riding because every day it is something new and I truly mean something new and different.