Monday, March 21, 2011

Violet and Jumping


I am writing this entry on January 11, 2011 and here's a photo of Violet taken on New Year's Day.  I am so happy to report that Violet and I have made real progress in becoming a team.  This week's entries will be about her wonderfulness in 2010, since we moved to St. George.  The first big thing I want to discuss is jumping.  Violet has a little hunter heart -- she wants to bring her best heart to the fences.  She travels true and straight and clean to them and she never knocks a rail down.  I know that we are just jumping small little crossrails and verticals, but still I am just so proud of her eager relaxed movement to the jumps.  We have been jumping courses with 5-8 jumps, rollbacks, oxers, triple lines, bounces.  We've jumped bounces with a diagonal twist to the left or right.  We've jumped bending lines with ease.  Violet has shown a natural ease about changing her leads.  And so I have confidence and happiness in my heart that we'll be a happy hunting team and that I'll be able to teach her how to confidently consistently give her lead changes.  You would not believe it, if you saw us jumping!