Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hailee's "Story"

So, on Friday, November 5th, Coy loaded Hailee into the trailer with her belongings and my good wishes and took her to Tennessee.  And how I cried in the days before and how I prayed for her safe travels.  I will never forget getting the text that she'd arrived safely.  And I will never forget being so hopeful for her happiness.  In the days immediately after her arrival, Coy said that the trainers and her new owner were so impressed with her aggression towards cows.  That when she was put in a pen next to cows that she pinned her ears and tried to get at them.  The owner was supposedly thrilled with her native talent.  The trainers said that she was good under saddle and that she had shied with one of them while he was cantering, but that he called Coy while riding her and said that he was impressed that she could shy so big while still cantering.  All reports were good.  And Coy showed me so many pictures of her beautiful new home.

So, I let my heart be happy.  I put down my load and thought I would just quietly let it be, would let Hailee enjoy her new home and be thankful.

Guess what happened...