Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hailee's New Life



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In the weeks after the terrible news that Hailee had ended up at auction because of an unscrupulous man, Hailee's new owner and I corresponded via phone and email.  She sent a photo of Hailee's new companions -- she has two geldings and a Paint stallion at her new farm and a family who will love her.  And the new owner said that she and her husband were brought together because of their love for horses and that they are committed to horse rescuing.  That she will be patient with Hailee and help Hailee tell her what she'd like to do.  She sent me a photo in early January of Hailee done up in western gear with a patriotic saddle pad and looking happy on a trail ride with one of her new pals.  She hopes to breed her to her Paint stallion.  And she's working thoughtfully at restoring Hailee's weight and health. 
 
And she's going to permit me to visit Hailee at her farm.  I am grateful beyond expression.  I am writing this note on January 10th and I will visit Hailee on Saturday, January 22nd.  Namate and peace and love to the caretakers, the guardian angels.  I am so glad, so glad to know that there are more people like me and her then there are like the horse thief from Tennessee.