Friday, March 25, 2011

Violet and All Her Firsts!






Here is a photo and video from November 15, 2009, the middle of my last month at Showgate Stables.  I was miserable in this time period, but I knew I was gearing up for changes.  I was steadily moving my gear out of the barn and just taking care of my herd.  Two weeks earlier, I had overheard news and had an interaction which changed my life there permanently.  Little did I know that I was definitely on to a new wonderful adventure.

Anyway, I am writing this entry about Violet, though the picture and video are of baby Renny.  In this past year 2010 at St. George, Violet and I have had many wonderful firsts -- our first group lessons, our first private lessons, our first lessons with famous A-circuit hunter/jumper judges, dressage coaches, and many other excellent teachers.  We had our first trail ride and first horse show.  We jumped for the first time, jumped at the canter, jumped courses, jumped oxers, jumped bounces, jumped lines, jumped rollbacks, jumped bending lines -- all obviously firsts! We had our first fall (my fault)!  We had our first inkling about what it will be like when we become a true melded Team Tenderness.  We are really coming along!

We are firsts in each other's books!