Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Sanchez Herd Says Good Bye to Hens


As I said, the Fall was sort of brutal.  The sub-committee was biased by their relationships with landlords in our town.  The planning commission voted unanimously against.  The mayor and city attorney worked to kill the plan for backyard hens.  And I was sad and tired.  But I felt safe because I knew my hens were going to Katie and Michael.  I turned all of my energies toward trying to think of a safe quiet relaxed way to bring them to their new home.

So, I was pretty quiet the day that they were to leave.  I had bought a large carrier for them filled it with straw, and packed their belongings.  And on the last day, I had coffee and conversation with our new friend, Jennifer K.  And Christine and Frances came by to say hello and offer love.  Our last morning together at 202 W. Reed was sweet and quiet and filled with fellowship.