Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hello, Thelma and Louise


Okay, so for about three years now, I've wanted to get chickens. But this year, I decided to say the dream aloud. I stopped off one day to visit Doreen and told her that I was hoping her husband would help me with chickens. Well, help he did. He found this children's cottage and then refurbished it with a nesting box, roost, coop door, and wonderful, wonderful coop. Here you see his efforts in the photos. Plus, Tim gave me these two baby hens, Thelma and Louise. They are Jersey Giants, an American breed by the Black brothers of New Jersey. They grow very large and live a long time and lay brown eggs. After three straight days of work, Tim brought them this past
Sunday. They are still getting used to their new home and Zelia is so eager to greet them. We are working on it! But don't they have a beautiful home!! Thanks, Tim!