Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Beloved Girls


In this photo, Barbie captured the grace, goofiness and elegance of my most beloved girls, Hailee and Violet. They have been sisters together for about a year and a half now, and you can tell that they just know it. They groom each other, hang together, boss the babies together. Hailee is quite ferocious about chasing off fresh horses trying to make friends with Violet. But my main punchline in this entry is that I just feel like these two girls are such good conversationalists. They are truly great company! I was reading a New York Times article today about a 20 year-old lady jockey who came up from Brazil to apprentice at Belmont. She won her 40th race and so was promoted to real jockey from apprentice. And she was saying that she had a favorite horse who kept her good company because of their "silent conversation." I knew what she meant, but I have to say, me and my girls aren't always so silent. Violet likes to whiffle, snuffle, nicker, whinny, snort, smack, etc. She's got a million little ways, including the goofy lip snuzzle to say "Hey" to her mom! And Hailee is just the same way!