Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Violet Relaxing After Work

This photo is not the very best of my beautiful thoroughbred. But it was taken during an important time in her March training and I am writing this note on Easter Sunday, at the tail end of a week in which Violet proved herself to be an incomparable sweetie pie. She's been just wonderful and patient and eager and talented at pulling a cart. On Monday, she gave me a great riding lesson, trotting with eagerness over ground poles. On Tuesday through Thursday, she pulled the cart, each time proving her stable sweet nature, and capping her efforts by taking 6 people for rides for 1 1/2 hours without anything but eager sweetness. And then yesterday, she proved that she likes being in a team with me. We went out into the back arena where I had set up a jump and two barrels and we played the inviting squeeze game. She was happy to accept her invitations. She was eager to communicate with me. She was eager to play and be happy. And like Renny, she was glad for her time just chomping on green sweet grass when I hand-grazed her. And I closed my Saturday with her, just trimming her mane, clipping her bridle path, and laughing at her jokes! She has good ones -- she even cracks herself up -- as she lifts her lip and twists her head and yaws her jaw at her own sense of humor! My favorite lovely thoroughbred girl!