Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day: My Girl's New Life


This photo is from November 2nd, right as Hailee's life was changing.  I had asked Coy in late September to try and find a home for Hailee.  I wanted a home where her talents could be used.  So, he found a place for her in Tennessee, but I thought it had fallen through because I never heard from the gentleman.  And then suddenly on Halloween night, Coy called me and said that the man wanted Hailee and he would be calling me.  And sure enough, the next evening he called.  He is a physician who owns several farms in Tennessee and he trains, shows and breeds cutting and reining horses.  I spoke with him for a long time and he seemed like he had a loving plan for her.  She would be spending time in a herd with geldings and young horses until she had adapted to the new farm, then go into training for cutting and reining, and then eventually show and be bred.  I told him about her skittishness and he assured me that he felt that a desensitization program would help her and that she's probably no more skittish than his best performance and show mares.  And so I invested in a week's worth of crying as I prepared for her to leave.  And here's the first photo of her as these plans were crystallizing.