Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Herd Changes



These photos and video are from November 2nd and I am writing on November 10th.  Hailee has been gone for about half a week to her new home in Tennessee.  While I was at my conference, I received a friendly report that Violet was happy with her new turnout buddy, Molly.  And that all was well.  And my friends have been nicer to Violet and Renny as they adjust to this change in our herd.  When I got back from the conference, I could tell that Violet and Renny were quizzical, but not sad or distressed.  But I imagine that miss Hailee and wonder why she's not with us.  I wish I could somehow explain to them that she's going off to follow a good dream -- she's going to try her chances at cutting and reining and showing and then make more foals to be part of her heritage.  I am sorry that the four of us can't always be together, but I am trying to do what's right for me, for them, for us.